Monday, 7 July 2014

Thank you Dad



It was my father, Ali Pourgol, a teacher and author, who asked me to teach osteopathy. When I did, I fell in love with teaching. 

He was a teacher for over 40 years and continued to teach until passing away two years ago. There is not one day that I do not speak with him in my heart. I love talking to him and feel he is here with me to see the joy his recommendation has brought to my life.

Today was the first day of practical osteopathic technique classes of National University of Medical Sciences at the York University Heights campus of NAO. I was excited to meet my students. There were students from many countries including Singapore, Island of Macao in China, Norway, and Iran. And the great surprise was that the Doctor of Osteopathy student from Iran, was from City of Rasht, where I grew up, and that she was a student of my father. This Rashti family physician told me that my father always talked about me when teaching and that made me so happy. 

Al most every week I receive emails from people of Rasht all over the world who say something nice about my father and remember him in fond memories. He left thousands of students behind who after decades still think of him as one of the best teachers they have ever had.
Thank you dad. I am who I am because of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment