Sunday, 23 April 2017

The Shultz Hour

To increase creativity and to come up with new ideas to become #1 in whatever I do, I spend 30 minutes to an hour most days with a pen and paper just letting ideas float in my mind.

I teach this technique as well to my students and ask them at the minimum to do this once a week.

It is funny that a lot of things I teach end up being proven by research. Our programs are actually famous for being research proven, be it the osteopathic techniques or business lectures.

Today I read about a new research that proves the brain needs "negative task" periods to do daydreaming and become creative. When brain is always in "task positive" mode it will not create ideas as it is busy to complete tasks.

This is also another reason why travelling is so important for brain. When you stop using brain to do task positive activities new ideas float in it.
A lot of my top ideas came to me while travelling. The idea to teach osteopathy and founding the National Academy of Osteopathy came to me in 2010 when I was in Salzburg, Austria on a vacation.

I keep using this technique everyday. Most of my great business ideas are brought to me during this task negative period.

They call this creativity technique the "Shultz Hour" after the US Secretary of State, George Shultz said that he uses this once per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment